It’s what we do together that sets us apart.
The strength of Distinct Logistics will always be our people. We do what we say we’re going to do. No Excuses. We are driven; we’re always on the hunt for smart, authentic people who want to do the right thing and have fun doing it.
We invest extensively in our people every day. You’ll go through rigorous training to learn about our business, industry and technology before joining one of our specialized teams. The most valuable perk, however, may be the person sitting next to you. Distinct Logistics encourages active mentorship, and leadership is always easily accessible.
No excuses. Everyone contributes at Distinct Logistics, and everyone has each other’s backs. Our culture is built on a team environment that welcomes challenges and celebrates success.
Distinct Logistics dispatching services will book truck loads for you while you are on the road. We will find truck loads for your truck(s) twenty four hours a day and keep your truck(s) loaded. We negotiate the highest freight rates for any truck loads we can on your behalf and take care of any problems that may arise while on the road. Once we convey the best freight rates for you and your fleet, we will notify you of your freight load options and you make the final decision. We offer 24 hour truck dispatching service and we will be there for all your needs that may arise. Your trucks will be occupied and loaded, whether you have 1 truck or large fleet.
The result: Distinct Logistics Dispatch Service helps make your life as a trucker or small trucking business owner easier and more satisfying. Your time will be optimized as we can usually send you truck loads to the locations you want. You will have less down time in between loads. You will increase your profits and be in control. Tell us when you want to be at home.
With Distinct Logistics Dispatching Services you can organize your time, giving us a time line of when you want to drive, where you want to go with your truck loads, what lanes you prefer, how much you want to make per mile and we will concentrate our efforts in booking truck loads under those parameters. We keep you working and do not leave your trucks stuck for days. We are devoted to all of our truck drivers.
We will help you to decrease your deadhead miles, you won’t have to deal with paper work or spend hours on the phone negotiating with freight shippers or freight brokers trying to book a truck load. Less stress means happier driving.
- Locate Freight and Book your load that best matches your Truck Profile
- Negotiate the best Rates on your behalf
- Check the Credit with your Factoring Company.
- Sign and secure the Rate Confirmation
- Customer Service, Forward load details,Dates,Times, Pick Up and Delivery information.
- Set all Appointments if required
- Provide Daily Check Calls as required
- Email/Text pick up and delivery Information
- Request Fuel Advances for each load
- Provide Free load board postings
Third party logistics and freight brokers are part of a very large, complex, and competitive industry that keeps our country running. Distinct Logistics is a dynamic young company in this space seeking motivated individuals to join us.
We are looking for freight brokers and sales agents seeking a new home. Fresh college grads to stay at home moms interested in a career in freight logistics are also welcome to apply.
- New business development --- primarily via cold calling and customer visits.
- Communicating with existing/potential customers and transportation partners in designated areas, procurement of business from your leads, becoming their main point of contact, transaction life cycle management.
- Account management, follow ups with various parties, due diligence, verifications of docs, ensuring procedures are followed, etc.
- Interest in working in third party logistics
- Outgoing personality who likes to knock on doors
- High emotional quotient
- Drive for success and take-charge attitude
- Excellent attention to detail
- Love for data and metrics
- Tech savviness
- Industry/sector specialization preferred
The introductory position is responsible for assisting with the daily operations requests of the domestic department. This includes, receiving, booking, routing and tracking domestic shipments, and processing loads as per the established processes and procedures.
The assistant operations coordinator will help in the daily operations of the department. This is a full-time position with a first shift, weekday schedule (8 AM to 5 PM, Monday through Friday). Hours in excess of 40 per week may be required to meet business needs. Employee must be available after hours by phone as back up to on-call dispatcher and to assist with problems.
Job tasks for the position include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Must be able to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing with customers, supervisors, drivers, mechanics, vendors and staff. Must have ability to respond to common inquiries or complaints from customers, employees or members of the business community and effectively negotiate rates with vendors and carriers.
- Confirm delivery of trucks, and provide status reports to clients.
- Negotiating pricing with carriers using current industry techniques.
- Ensure Truck Management Software TMS and other software tools are utilized correctly.
- Booking loads with operation centers and secondary carriers
- Act, if needed, as after hours on-call dispatcher to ensure night and weekend loads are covered on rotational basis.
Our Offer: In addition to wages commiserate with experience and the industry, we offer a complete benefits package to all employees who work in this position for the company that includes:
- Paid holiday, personal days, and vacation time
- Health insurance with medical, dental, and prescription drug coverage
- Flexible spending account (FSA) for qualified medical and dependent care expenses
- Group term life and accidental death and dismemberment insurance $50K with no out of pocket expense
- Long Term Disability Insurance with no out of pocket expense.
- 401(k) retirement account plan
Skills, Knowledge and Abilities:
Personal skills should include good verbal and written communication skills with appropriate command of the English language. This position must also possess an appreciation of cultural differences in work habits and the ability to meld these into the corporate expectations of overall performance. Computer skills should include a demonstrated knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook, and ability to type 35 words per minute with minimal errors. This position must also be able to perform logical process and mathematical analysis. Additionally, the person filling this position must have basic functional and working knowledge of the company automated reporting systems and be able to coordinate and transfer work on paper and automated results in written and oral form to customers, subordinates, associates and management from multiple locations and disciplines.
- Current owner-operators
- Truck drivers interested in leasing on or purchasing a truck with our company
- Per-load revenue
- Lease-on incentive
- Weekly settlements for consistent cash flow
- Fuel discounts
- Valid Class A Commercial Driver's License (CDL)
- Minimum 6 months experience
- Lease on with one of the top trucking companies in Texas. Call 281.402.9166 for more information!